Developing with HTML5
Developing with HTML5
Compared to previous versions of HTML, HTML5 is revolutionising the way in which developers are now able to achieve even greater experiences on hand-held devices, smartphones, web applications and more.
With HTML5, web application development is easier, smarter and quicker and is also compatible with virtually every modern web browser, meaning less time is spent by developers enabling solutions to work across the array of browsers that are currently available.
At CodersCode, we’re committed to delivering great solutions, pushing boundaries and experimenting with the technology through our innovations lab, in order to remain at the forefront of what this exciting new technology can deliver.
HTML5 is undoubtedly one of the most feature rich development tools around at present, and some pundits even suggest that it may one day replace flash.
- Canvas & SVG – provides direct HTML support for inserting drawings, animations, video and audio into web pages and apps. The application and use of this technology is endless, not to mention the hours of fun it provides
- Drag & Drop – Before HTML5, using this form of interaction method was cumbersome to implement across different web browsers; HTML5 standardises this interaction method across all web browsers meaning that developers need only build once and it will work across all.
- Geolocation – Tailored location services that do more than tell you where something is. Geolocation with HTML5 can identify and return how far you are from an intended destination.
- Web Storage – With HTML5, web pages can store data locally within the user’s browser. Previously, this was done with cookies. However, Web Storage is more secure and faster. The data is not included with every server request, but used only when asked for. It is also possible to store large amounts of data, without affecting the website’s performance.
- App Cache – The HTML5 Application Cache (or App Cache), in short enables off-line browsing. This is great if a user is in area with restricted or limited internet connectivity. A web application is simply cached and can be accessed again without the need for an internet connection.
Why choose us as your HTML5 developers
HTML5 is still relatively new and many software developers are yet to uncover its full development potential or are yet to develop the skills that require the level of implementation of HTML5 features that do this technology justice. At CodersCode, we not only use HTML5 in our client solutions, all of our developers routinely extend and build their knowledge of HTML5 capabilities and integrating it with other technologies such as Java, in order to offer our clients solutions that go beyond what they originally thought was achievable.